Library: Printable Page
This page printed from http://library.educationworld.net.
Measure for Measure: Act 4 Scene 6
Scene VI Street near the city gate.
- [Enter ISABELLA and MARIANA]
- To speak so indirectly I am loath:
- I would say the truth; but to accuse him so,
- That is your part: yet I am advised to do it;
- He says, to veil full purpose.
- Be ruled by him.
- Besides, he tells me that, if peradventure
- He speak against me on the adverse side,
- I should not think it strange; for 'tis a physic
- That's bitter to sweet end.
- I would Friar Peter--
- O, peace! the friar is come.
- [Enter FRIAR PETER]
- FRIAR PETER
- Come, I have found you out a stand most fit,
- Where you may have such vantage on the duke,
- He shall not pass you. Twice have the trumpets sounded;
- The generous and gravest citizens
- Have hent the gates, and very near upon
- The duke is entering: therefore, hence, away!
Looking for a job in the education sector? Visit Education America Network (for
US job postings) or Education Canada Network (for Canadian opportunities).
Re-use/reproduction of some materials may be limited, please see our Acceptable Use Guidelines.
© 2001-2004 World of Education